Welcome to the website of the Australasian Association for Engineering Education. AAEE (a technical society of Engineers Australia) is a professional association of academics, support staff, postgraduate students, librarians, professional engineers, and employers who all have vested interests in fostering excellence and innovation in engineering education.
The general mission of AAEE is to improve the quality, relevance and performance of engineering education in Australasia. More specifically, the objectives of the Association are to:
- Quantify and make more visible within Australasia the increasing need for specific advanced engineering skills.
- Increase the participation rates of high school leavers in engineering education and training, especially of women and non-traditional sources of students.
- Promote the development and use of new teaching techniques and tools and promote measurement of teaching effectiveness.
- Provide assistance to the engineering educators, especially to the new members of the teaching staff.
- Promote the professional development of engineering educators.
- Make the Association the focal point for information on all aspects of engineering education within Australasia.
- Develop co-sponsorship of the Association by other engineering professional institutions and associations in Australasia.
- Develop global links with similarly minded organisations in other countries.
Please use the links on the left hand side of this page to navigate through our web site.
Swinburne University, the venue for AAEE2012.